What is the Alexander Advantage?
An Innovative Mission
Run a business that will address vision care proactively and get a quality pair of glasses into the hands of people that need them.
An Innovative Vision
To provide people great quality and affordable glasses while making the experience fun, educational and worth talking about.
You perform better at work with an up-to-date prescription
The out-of-date prescription problem grows more difficult to manage as your team grows in size
Join the movement and curb your carbon foot print
Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can browse through answers to frequently asked questions.
What is Alexander Optical?
- Alexander Optical is a full-service landlord for independent practices - providing marketing and administrative services to eye care professionals.
- We offer professionals and patients a private space to meet for in-person comprehensive care and more recently, online care as well.
- Our relationship helps to empower eye care professionals to distribute their respective health-related services and information.
*Disclaimer: Alexander Optical does not provide any medical services. Alexander Optical facilitates the relationship between independent practices (for the purposes of distributing their respective eye care services) and patients (for the purposes of obtaining eye care services).
Who is Direct Visual Care?
Direct Visual Care is the registered, licensed and insured medical corporation providing eye care services to the patient.
Why does Direct Visual Care work with Alexander Optical?
Alexander Optical provides Direct Visual Care administrative, business development, marketing, insurance and lease support. By doing so, Alexander Optical allows Direct Visual Care and its respective professionals to spend more time with patients and less time on managing their business.
We want you to have complete faith in Direct Visual Care as we do at Alexander Optical. Direct Visual Care shares our vision of providing proactive, fun and responsible care. Moreover, Direct Visual Care is experienced, professional and trustworthy. They provide in-person and telehealth care on the Alexander Optical/Jane platform and are always accepting of feedback. When you at book an appointment through the Alexander Optical/Jane portal, you will be permitted to book appointments with Direct Visual Care's team. As we grow, clinics and treatments will be separated by location and our capacity to support you will grow with it.
Will my insurance company provide coverage for an appointment?
Some services may be covered under your private insurance policy, however it is up to each individual insurer to decide.
For In-Person Appointments:
OHIP Coverage is provided when you have an OHIP card and:
- You are between the ages of 0-19 years of age or are 65 years of age or older.
- Specified ophthalmology services for patients of any age with specified medical conditions or diseases affecting the eyes are insured. Insured persons aged 20 to 64 years with specified medical conditions affecting the eye can receive an OHIP insured regular eye examination once every 12 months.
- If you have the following, you qualify for examinations under OHIP: diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, cataract, retinal disease, amblyopia, visual field defects, corneal disease, strabismus, recurrent uveitis or optic pathway disease.
- More information for OHIP eligibility can be found here: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/docs/eyecare_fs_en.pdf
For Telehealth Appointments:
- Some services may be covered under your private insurance policy, however it is up to each individual insurer to decide.
- If you are using OHIP, currently there is no coverage for e-Assessments in relation to eye care. There is mention of Ontario's Ministry of Health including e-Assessments for eye care, however there are no billing codes available yet. We are engaging with the National and Provincial Associations of Optometry and Opticianry to stay up-to-date with these measures.